This workshop is all about giving the handler and their dog more advanced handling skills required to get off the start line, and around an advanced or masters agility course; all exercises will be done on just one jump! Learn how to…
· Efficiently perform front crosses, blind crosses and k-turns; and understand when it is best use these maneuvers.
· Handle push thru’s, serpentines, threadles, throwbacks, and obstacle “call offs” in a way that provides clarity for the dog.
· Proofing performance through the use of distractions.
· How to address both handler and dog errors on course without the loss of enthusiasm.
· Practice handling skills away from equipment, and from the comfort of your own home – perfect for winter training!
This workshop is most suitable for advanced or masters level dogs, or for handlers that are looking to learn and introduce more advanced handling to their starters level dog. All exercises will be appropriate for the individual skill level of the dog and handler – there is something for everyone!
Note: While all handling exercises will take place on “one jump”, a tunnel will be used in some exercises in order to introduce handling with speed, provide context to handling skills, and as a distraction for the dog. Dogs enrolled must be comfortable taking straight and curved tunnels.
Prerequisites: Dog-friendly dog, familiar with jumps and confident in straight/curved tunnel. All dogs must be crated when not being worked - a crate is mandatory for this workshop.
Date: Friday, Feb 24th
Working Spots: 8 spots, $25